Saturday, May 10, 2014

most of my favorite people are mothers....

I don't have a certain type of people that I hang out with.
There isn't a group of  nurses, educators, or even runners that I hang out with on a regular basis.   The people outside my own 4 walls that I love the most are all mothers.  That's the main thing we have in common and the thing I admire them most for.

To my own mother.... I hope you understand that my desire to love kids and be a mom is simply because you are so good at it, that there is nothing else I aspire to do more.  I love you!

To my mother-in-law:  Thank you for my husband and Zion.  He wouldn't be the fun, crazy, kid he is without your genes!  I'm pretty attached to those other two kids of yours too!  :)



I first became a mother because a young mom died after giving birth.
I don't know what she looked like.
I will never be able to thank her, but I could not possibly love her son more.
He's tall and quiet and handsome and an amazing athlete!  I know she would be proud of him.

The second woman choose me for her child.  As did the mom of the girls.
Can you think of a greater gift?
A more selfless one?  
She said to me in Guam, "Miss Melda, I trust you"

I pray I can give her girls what she is hoping for.  God help me to make her dreams for her girls come true.  I do love them, but I need your love, grace and mercy.  Loving them is not enough to turn them into mighty women for God.  Keep me humbly on my knees in prayer.

Last but not least, ALL my friends.

I love you more than I can explain.
Although I don't have photos of everyone, 
Thank you ALL for being a special part of my life.

So this blog post is just to say:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  
































No comments:

Post a Comment